Shabby

May 2, 2011

Queen's Day Nails

I'm a little late posting this, I just had a busy weekend.. oh well, better late than never, right? Past Saturday was a national holiday in The Netherlands, called Queen's Day. On this day the Dutch people celebrate the birthday of our Queen. Her actual birthday is on January the 31st, but I won't annoy you with the story behind that, on to the nails! Queen's Day means Orange Craze, it's time for the Dutchies to go all crazy with the colour orange; orange clothing, orange wigs, orange make up, orange nails... I'm not a big fan of orange (I'm a shame for my country, lol), but that doesn't stop me from putting something bright and fun on my nails, ha! :O I used four coats of China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy (terrible formula, yuk!) and sponged the tips with one of my new pretties, Rica from Zoya. These two polishes are a match made in heaven, seriously, so pretty! My camera freaked out when I wanted to photograph my nails, it looks waaay more coral and less orangey in real life. But for those of you who like orange, here you are. ;)

Thanks for watching!