Shabby

May 25, 2011

Cult Nails - Captivated

Captivated. A well chosen name for this nail polish, glittery goodness! I saw the first swatch of it and I wás captivated. Which was kinda surprising to me, because I'm not a big fan of chunky glitter polishes. But this one... oh, I nééded it. Captivated is part of a collection called A Day at the Races, a beautiful range of nail polishes designed by fellow blogger Maria! Creating your own nail polish line, isn't that the dream of every nail polish lover..? *sigh*
Maria describes Captivated as 'a coral based jelly polish packed with gold and coral glitter'. I have nothing to add to that description. It's extremely pretty, so sparkly, like a summer party on my nails! It'll be awesome for a pedi too, so applying it on my toenails will be the next thing I'm doing. The formula on this one was quite goopy, so the application wasn't the easiest. I hope some thinner will solve that, 'cause I want to wear this beauty all summer long! I used three coats and one layer of topcoat. On the pictures it may look a little see-through, especially on the pic taken in sunlight (3rd), but in real life it's more opaque. And more sparkly too! The nail surface feels slightly bumpy after applying Captivated, but that can be solved with a good layer (or two) of topcoat.

Thanks for watching!