Shabby

May 11, 2011

Colour Block Inspired Nails

Colour blocking (combining blocks/areas of different solid colours) is one of the trends for spring / summer 2011. I've seen a lot of pictures from fashion shows with the most beautiful colour combinations. That must look awesome on nails too, so I decided to make colour block inspired nails. You can keep it simple and make skittles (painting each nail in a different colour), but for some real colour blocking you can use different colours on one nail, for example by making funky french tips. I'm not sure what to think of the french tips I did, doesn't it look a bit too ehh.. funky? :i The fun part is that you can use whatever colours you want, but don't be shy, the bigger the contrast the better!
The nail polishes I used (the 1st picture is the most colour accurate btw):
green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
berry: Catrice - Just Berried!
blue: Catrice - Blue Cara Ciao
orange: Essence - Andy, You're A Star

Thanks for watching and hey.. a big welcome to all my new followers! :D